Becoming a Legal Literacy Volunteer with LCLC
Legal Literacy is no longer operating - however LCLC is currently working behind the scenes to try and re-establish this amazing program!
Therefore, we are obviously no longer recruiting - But in the hope that LLV is back soon, who are Legal Literacy Volunteers and what did they do?
- Are NOT LAWYERS
- Are Local
- Help people complete/understand forms and documents of all kinds
- Want to help empower others in their community
- Are screened for suitability to perform the role
- Receive full training and ongoing support from Launceston Community Legal Centre
- Enter a binding confidentiality agreement to maintain client confidentiality
- Work within strict guidelines
- Work at local Neighbourhood Houses, Centrelink and LCLC
- DO NOT give legal advice
- Learn lots
- Meet people and enjoy what they do
- Receive recognition for work done
Training Program for Legal Literacy Volunteers and Potential Volunteers
All volunteers need to complete the Basic Induction Program before they can become a fully fledged Legal Literacy Volunteer. This consists of four sessions.
- Basic Introduction;
- Centrelink Basics – including forms
- Letter Writing for LLVs together with a session on Legal Injunctions
- Ethics and Self Care